Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dilemma

Well, I kind of have a dillemma right now. I'm not sure if I want to pay Brandon extra for an actual logo or not. I've seen the first phase of the design of it, and I like it a lot. But if I want to use it as a logo, I'll have to use it on pretty much everything. Which means I'd have to change some stuff around.

I also want to use my face as my logo, but the Llama and my face are polar opposites in design. Llama cartoony, face creepy.

I like the face a lot, but mainly because I made it. It's mine. I can go, "Hey, look what I made."

I could just use the logo on everything but the DVD case and DVD... but that'd be weird.

Someone said that they don't think the face works as a logo, as it kind of traps me into horror/creepy stuff. It's not a very "general use" logo.

Hrm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The llama might be somewhat unprofessional. Do something that explains what you do.

Anonymous said...

How would the Llama be unprofessional? It goes with my site, and what I go by on forums and stuff. I can think of a couple of people's logos that seem kind of random, but still say "this is whoever's work."

Brian Rice has the ricebox, Ben Mathis has the weird green face.

the fractal brothers said...

I disagree w/ shelby, I think the llama could be highly effective and professional. look at the 2 coolest design firms - WDDG (world domination design group) and blk.mrkt (obey giant!) some might say they are unprofessional too. Their client list says otherwise.

Adam Fatka said...

Im going to also go against good ol' shelbasaurus... i think having something that isn't all 'suit and tie' will help you stand out form the crowd... ... the face could work..but then you would have to redesign yoru whole site around the 'dark' scheme... otherwise i would stay stick with the llama... maybe you can find a way to tie the two together... if not... just pick one and run... ...

Anonymous said...

There is a very big gap between a portfolio design and a company logo.